A Human Resources professional, Jim’s main focus is on people development and the role of “human capital” in a business. He brings a wealth of knowledge across a broad range of business challenges – from acquisition and commercial/development strategies, to integration and cost cutting programmes. He is a prosperous entrepreneur; having established two businesses of his own before going on to successfully divest each, for substantial seven figure sums.
Following his success, Jim went on to establish an independent consultancy business which he operated on a part time basis, with a focus on providing coaching and mentoring services on a volunteer basis through Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce, and the Princes Trust. At the same time, he completed a COSCA Counselling Skills training to ensure impact and effectiveness during 1:1 mentoring.
In 2013 Jim became a Partner with Shirlaws Business Coaching, through which he supports SMEs in the quest to increase revenue and profit, improve business culture and personal lifestyle and achieve sustainable businesses.
Jim loves the role of coach/trainer, providing expertise in the formation and development of management teams to enhance business performance, talent acquisition, change management, strategy, leadership, employee engagement and business development.
• Working alongside enterprise businesses to drive both commercial and cultural change.
• Enabling clients to experience increased revenues and profits, improved culture and leadership style and sustain business that is less reliant on key stakeholders.
• ODR Framework Manager for Scottish Enterprise contract
• ODR delivery practitioner across a range of sectors and businesses
• Coach/Trainer across a range of developmental initiatives designed to increase productivity and enhance employee involvement
• Supported a range of clients through change management, director 1:1 performance coaching and human capital evaluation.
• Led the development and change programmes for UK Finance Corporate working at mid and senior management level delivering performance improvement workshops leading to functional productivity increases
• Volunteered as a Business Mentor for Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce and a Business Advisor for the Princes Trust.
• Developed a growth and acquisition strategy for a multi-location business across 7 Scottish Local Authorities.
• Grew his own Home Care business from £0 – £5.8m turnover per annum over ten-year period before negotiating a successful divestment of the business for a major 7 figure sum between three shareholders (55% personal stake).
Jim’s qualifications include: